The renovated Idaho State Capitol is offering wireless internet access for free to the public, provided you can follow a few rules.
Other public wifi locations don't have similar size or content rules. The Boise Public Library's internet, for example, has content filtering only in computers in the children's area.
The Idaho Capitol also has a password-protected wireless network for lawmakers.
Idaho Capitol Mall Public Wireless
Welcome to the Idaho Capitol Mall Public Wireless Network
Users are prohibited from the following when using the Capitol Mall Wireless:
* Violating local, state or federal law.
* Transmitting, receiving or displaying pornography or sexually explicit material.
* Misrepresenting their identity to any person or hiding their identity from the administrators of the Capitol Mall Wireless access.
* Downloading or copying any copyrighted material without permission of the copyright holder or other legal authorization.
* Modifying, accessing, damaging or attempting to modify, access or damage any of the following without authorization: a computer; a computing system; a network; software; hardware; information; data; files; or, a document.
* Precluding, limiting, or significantly hampering the use of the Capitol Mall public wireless access by others, including the downloading of files over 10 MB.
* Facilitating the transmission or expansion of the Capitol Mall Wireless or the unauthorized access to the Capitol Mall Wireless.
* Harassing or threatening others or violating the privacy of others.
THE STATE OF IDAHO PROVIDES NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE CAPITOL MALL WIRELESS. The Capitol Mall Wireless does not protect the security or privacy of the user or provide unlimited or all-encompassing internet access. Users may encounter websites or information that they find objectionable or offensive. Use of the Capitol Mall Wireless is at the sole risk of the user. The State of Idaho is not liable for any damages, losses, or injuries arising directly or indirectly from the use of the Capitol Mall Wireless. Users shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the State of Idaho and their officers, agents and employees from and against all liability, claims, damages, losses, expenses, actions, fines, penalties, attorney fees, and suits that arise from the use of the Capitol Mall Wireless by the user.
The State of Idaho does not provide technical assistance to users or the use of software or hardware, including printers.