The Idaho Freedom Foundation is looking for a Communications Director who can further the Foundation’s vital work of ridding the state of socialist programs so freedom can thrive. The Communications Director will play an instrumental role in securing massive policy wins during the 2023 legislative session and beyond.
The Communications Director will coordinate with the President, Vice President, and fellow Directors to set and execute the Foundation’s communications strategies. The Director will also collaborate with a number of contractors to ensure that excellent content is delivered to the public in a timely manner.
This fast-paced job isn’t for the faint of heart. The successful applicant will have a track record of juggling several projects simultaneously and executing with precision on each one. Beyond that, the right person for this job will have no issues going toe-to-toe rhetorically with adversarial figures — including pundits, lobbyists, and elected officials — who seek to obstruct IFF’s freedom agenda.
This job is based in Idaho Freedom Foundation’s downtown Boise office.
- Develop and execute a communications and digital marketing strategy
- Execute daily social media posting and cultivate conversations
- Metrics monitoring for Google Ads/Analytics and social media platforms
- Limited traditional media outreach
- Build the Foundation’s email list through innovative and cost-effective lead-generation strategies
- Promote IFF’s Center for American Education in several states and nationally
- Produce regular video content in IFF’s studio
- Explore new platforms and mediums to spread IFF’s message to younger audiences
- Administer IFF’s private Facebook group
- Work with policy professionals and a graphic designer to produce beautiful reports
- Write content for IFF’s website
- Develop and execute a regular email schedule
- Coordinate with development staff to produce house file mailings, donor prospecting letters, and other mailed content
- Partner with the development team staff to raise funds through email and social media
- Oversee website development and coordinate with various departments to bring about new pages and projects that further IFF’s mission
- Administer the Idaho Freedom Index, the Spending Index, and the Education Index to ensure accurate delivery of bill ratings and lawmaker scores
- Collaborate with development and policy teams to plan, advertise, and execute events that spread IFF’s message, raise funds, or both
- Continue IFF’s Legislature 101 class, which teaches Idahoans how to engage and win at the Idaho Capitol
- Develop exciting swag for marketing and fundraising efforts
- 3-5 years of professional work experience and/or relevant internships
- A firm understanding of, and support for, Idaho Freedom Foundation’s mission
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Attention to detail
- A desire to work flexibly and serve enthusiastically on a team
- Natural curiosity – a desire to consistently learn new skills and try new approaches
- Willingness to get the job done (clock-punchers need not apply)
- Experience with email, video, graphic design, and social media programs and platforms is a huge plus.
This position also requires work for Idaho Freedom Action, IFF’s sister organization. That work is similar to that of IFF. IFA is geared toward grassroots voter activism and educating voters about the inner workings of the Capitol. Please visit IdahoFreedomAction.org to learn more about IFA.
Idaho Freedom Foundation offers a competitive salary that depends on qualifications. IFF offers health, dental, life insurance, 401k retirement account, and flexible vacation.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document (links to content, if any, may be submitted via the resume submission email:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of Idaho Freedom Foundation
- A writing sample of 500-1,000 words. Samples should be self-authored, preferably reflecting popular writing styles (op-eds, blogs, magazine articles)
- Links to communications projects you have produced (videos, ads, online magazines, graphics, etc.)
Cover letter, resume, and links should be emailed to Wayne Hoffman at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.