The Idaho Freedom Foundation, the state’s leading public policy research organization, is looking to hire a local government policy analyst. In this position you will:
· Fight for a free society day in and day out.
· Research, write, and speak publicly about policies that impede people’s natural rights.
· Expose government corruption, dishonesty, and other bad behavior.
· Expose and fight policies that are the embodiment of socialism or central planning.
· Be a resource for local elected officials, legislators, and the public on free market solutions.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
· Are passionate about free markets and limited government.
· Are naturally skeptical about government promises, programs, and statements.
· Have strong writing and research skills, meaning you can analyze data and documents, and comfortably write quickly and convincingly about complex policy matters.
· Are a self-starter, can work as part of a team and independently, and can prioritize work for maximum effectiveness and policy outcomes.
· Are comfortable working for an organization that is a frequent target of the liberal news media and their friends in government.
· Are comfortable speaking one-on-one with policymakers, reporters, the general public, and testifying before government panels.
· Are fearless in the face of criticism.
Also helpful but not required:
· Experience working for or with a center-right public policy research organization.
· Have education, experience, or training on government budgeting, taxes, public affairs, or public policy.
· Are familiar with Idaho statutes on local governments and how local units of government receive funding.
Please email a cover letter including salary requirements, and resume with the subject line: local government policy analyst, in PDF format to Alli Megal at [email protected]. This position is based in our downtown Boise office.