The Idaho Freedom Foundation has become Idaho’s leading voice for public policies that
improve people’s lives and hold politicians accountable. This is your chance to get in on the
ground floor and hit the ground running with a successful, growing nonprofit organization
helping lead the free market movement, as well as live, work, and play in a state known for its
breathtaking beauty and high quality of life.
About the position
The Donor Relations Specialist will be charged with growing and strengthening our efforts to
build long-term relationships with our existing donors, sustain and increase support for our
organization, and identify new supporters who will help grow the organization and advance
This role will report directly to IFF’s president and will work closely with IFF’s communication
director, office manager, and senior staff.
- Establish and build on relationships with current and prospective donors, focusing on
donors with high net-worth, giving potential, and capacity.
- Solicit gifts from existing, prospective, individual, and corporate donors.
- Create daily and weekly “call lists” for the President that allows for the maximization of
resources with the potential for high-yield fundraising results.
- Directly, and in conjunction with support staff, manage a database of active, lapsed, and
- Track donor pledges, contacts, donations and communications.
- Structure and implement ideas and resources that will have a maximum impact on our
- Create strategies for developing our major gifts program, to include events, direct mail,
house mail, and electronic solicitations.
- Work with the office manager and assistant to the president on our ongoing mail
program and fundraising events.
- Work with our board members on their contribution to our development goals.
Qualifications & requirements
The ideal candidate will have 3-5+ years of relevant experience. However, IFF will consider
candidates with less experience who are eager to learn and have exceptional organizational and
project management skills.
Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Must adhere to the highest ethical standards.
Must demonstrate empathetic disposition and perseverance, have an optimistic and positive
attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of donors.
Must be able and willing to travel extensively.
Must be willing to work independently and in groups.
Must be accountable to him/herself and to others based on ability, reliability, and attitude.
A proven track record of success, including exceeding revenue goals and maintaining solid
relationships with donors and must be passionate about IFF’s principles and mission.
Familiar with all of Idaho
Familiar with major donors and figures in the free market movement
Familiar with various foundations, local and nationwide
How to apply: Qualified candidates only
Submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing:
a) Your sincere interest in this position, and the mission of the organization
b) Your salary requirements
c) Writing samples that demonstrate your abilities in this unique field
Please email all materials in one PDF file with “Donor Relations Specialist” in the subject line
to [email protected] Applications not sent to this email address may not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to
contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.