Idaho Freedom Foundation, Idaho’s premier public policy think tank, is seeking an individual for its full-time Development Coordinator position. The perfect candidate will align with our organization’s mission “to make Idaho into a Laboratory of Liberty by exposing, defeating, and replacing the state’s socialist public policies.”
Development Coordinator position
Reports to: Development Director
Status: Full-time 40 hours per week and may include additional evening or weekend hours
General: The Development Coordinator is a vital member of the Idaho Freedom Foundation team, assisting with entering donors and their contributions into our database, creating thank you letters, assisting with donor cultivation, prospect research, donor events, and other administrative tasks as it relates to the position.
Ability to work well independently and in the team environment is a must, along with strong writing, editing, organizing, and analytical skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Daily processing of mail and donations along with printing and mailing of thank you letters
- Database management
- Printed materials for organization, including house mail and prospect mailings
- Volunteer program management
- Provides support to the Development Director
- Keeps and maintains confidentiality of donor information and reports
- Updating, adding, and maintaining donor and prospect within the Virtuous database
- Assist with list creating and cleanup in preparation for mass mailings, as well as creating various queries and reports within the database as needed
- Answer phone, email and written correspondence regarding donations and other donor requests
- Attendance at donor events required and may include evening or weekend hours
- Keep relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables
- Serve as the database administrator for the Virtuous platform
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Abilities
- 1- 3 years non-profit development experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to produce reports, assign tasks, handle vendor contracts
- Flexibility, with strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all employees and donors
- A sharp eye for detail to ensure that data entry and data management is correct, thorough, and accurate
- Meticulous knowledge of Microsoft and Google applications, especially Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Optimal organization and project skills
- Willingness to assist, on occasion, with duties outside of primary job description
If you are unfamiliar with the Idaho Freedom Foundation, we encourage you to visit our website at www.idahofreedom.org to familiarize yourself with our values, projects, and mission.
If you feel you are a good fit for this position and our organization, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, in PDF format to Alli Megal at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.